KOREAN BARBECUE IS AWESOME!!!
So, got my first weekend down, as well as my first week of school (almost). It was...an eventful week, to say the least!
So, I won't lie, I spent my first weekend in Gyeongsan...cleaning my windows...
Dirty window...
Clean(er) window...
Thanks mom, for giving me the gift to be irked by something that should be clean...next step...bathroom...But hey, cut me some slack for it being the first weekend!
I've also been having a difficult time getting in touch with people back home through my iPhone. I came across this little coffee shop which I thought might have had wifi...because Wifi is EVERYWHERE in Korea, right?
Wrong...no wifi. I felt rude just walking out of the store, so I ordered a "Sweet Potato Latte" which wasn't so bad, actually.
After class on Monday, the English teachers and I went to have dinner in Downtown Daegu. I now understand why it is a major shopping city! Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for my first paycheck to do any kind of shopping. Fortunately, I found:
THERE IS A GOD!!!
Here are the other English teachers that I work with:
Me, Jessica, and Anna (I don't teach with Jessica)
Sian, Alison, and Victor (Victor is the other Foreign teacher who comes Mondays and Fridays)
Yesterday was a teacher's field trip to Ulsan, which is basically a port city (I think). Teacher's social gatherings here are MUCH different than in America. In America, you think, "Hey, there's the vice principal, I should probably be on my best behavior." Whereas, here in Korea, you think, "Oh no, the vice principal is coming around with Soju again. Please don't make me take another one!" It was extremely windy and cold when we arrived, but we made the best out of it.
So, after last nights experience, I have come to the conclusion that ALL oriental countries must love Karaoke. See for yourself...
So, with my 4-day weekend coming up, I couldn't bear the fact that I'd be staying at home again, (possibly cleaning the washer, if that's possible). So, my first exploration, by myself, in Korea will be to Busan! Wish me luck!
Korean word of the day: Kamsahamnida (Thank You!)
Till next time!





No comments:
Post a Comment